The quality of the ingredients that go into this Acana Classic Red is of the utmost importance. The food is created in the Acana kitchen, which uses exclusively the finest local ingredients of human-consumption grade. Local farms and fisheries delivery the produce fresh every day, including the pasture lamb, Angus beef and Yorkshire pork, which all come from local prairie farms in the region and are freshly prepared. Field and meadow fruits from the surrounding area provide a broad spectrum of nutrients. This means that there is no need to add artificial additives to this Acana Classic Red food. The premium product is ideal for even the most demanding of dogs and offers a taste of the rich, unspoilt nature of Canada.
Acana Classic Red at a glance:
- Premium complete dry food for adult dogs of any breed
- 100% natural recipe to keep your adult dog’s body in optimum condition
- Highest quality raw ingredients: all of the human-consumption grade ingredients come from regional agriculture or wild-caught fishing in Canada and are delivered fresh daily
- Wholeprey™ concept: the ingredients in this food are based on the natural nutritional needs of dogs, similar to the prey their ancestors would have eaten in the wild
- 50% meat, with 1/3 fresh meat: a high meat content provides your dog with essential protein
- 50% vegetables, fruit and herbs: a large variety of local ingredients offer vital vitamins and help to regulate digestion, as well as offering an optimum supply of nutrients
- 30% low-GI carbohydrates: free from white, potatoes, tapioca and grains, instead containing locally-grown oats, lentils and peas, which have a low-GI and can help to stabilise blood sugar levels
- With pasture lamb, Angus beef and Yorkshire pork from regional prairie farms: the finest quality that regional farms in the surrounding area have to offer
- Local grasses: valuable plant extracts from British Columbian grasses, to help boost metabolism
- Free from artificial additives: high-quality ingredients naturally provide all of the necessary nutrients, meaning there is no need to enrich this food with anything else
- With zinc: the sole supplementary nutrient in this food, which combines with the unsaturated fatty acids found in flounder to promote healthy skin and fur
- Award-winning manufacturer: the food is made exclusively in the in-house kitchen, without any outsourcing, and uses high-tech processing to preserve the natural nutrients found in the fresh ingredients
- Unique flavour: with fresh liver that has been freeze-dried in the Acana kitchen to make this food extremely well-accepted
- Sustainable business philosophy: in cooperation with local farmers and fisheries that work in harmony with nature, to ensure reliable quality and freshness from Canada
Dried lamb (23%), ground oats (22%), fresh beef (5%), fresh pork (5%), lamb fat (5%), red lentils, whole green peas, green lentils, fresh lamb (4%), whole oats, fresh beef liver (2%), fresh pork liver (2%), herring oil (2%), fresh pork liver (2%), whole garbanzo beans, whole yellow peas, sun-ripened alfalfa, lentil fibres, fresh beef tripe (1%), brown seaweed, fresh pumpkin, fresh vegetable marrow, fresh parsnips, fresh cabbage, fresh spinach, fresh carrots, fresh “Red Delicious” apples, fresh “Bartlett” pears, freeze-dried beef liver (0.1%), fresh cranberries, fresh blueberries, chicory root, turmeric, milk thistle, large burdock root, lavender, pure okra root, rosehips.
Additives per kg:
Vitamin A (40 IU), vitamin D3 (2500 IU), vitamin E (200 IU), vitamin B1 [thiamine] (5.5mg), vitamin B2 [riboflavin] (7mg), vitamin B3 [niacin] (60mg), vitamin B5 [pantothenic acid] (45mg), vitamin B6 [pyridoxine] (5mg), vitamin B12 (0.12mg), folic acid (1mg), choline (2100mg), sodium (0.3%), chloride (0.4%), potassium (0.7%), magnesium (0.13%), iron (290mg), zinc (210mg), copper (15mg), manganese (25mg), iodine (5mg), selenium (0.45mg).
Chicory root (400mg), turmeric (100mg), milk thistle (100mg), burdock root (100mg), lavender (100mg), pure okra root (100mg), rosehips (100mg).
|chondroitin sulfate and glucosamine||800.0 mg/kg|
|omega-3 fats||0.8 %|
|omega-6 fats||2.5 %|
|DHA fatty acid||0.15 mg|
|Body weight||Active||Less active|
Use a standard 250ml/120g measuring cup. Serve this food dry or lightly moistened. Regularly visit the vet. To maintain freshness after opening, we recommend resealing the bag and storing in a cool, dry place.