Acana uses only the best, local products that are delivered to their kitchens from regional Canadian farms and fisheries. Free-range poultry, whole nest-lain eggs, wild-caught flounder from sustainable fisheries, and locally grown vegetables and botanicals provide your pet with sufficient protein and a variety of nutrients. The ingredients in Acana food are so naturally delicious and high-quality, there is no need to enrich the food with artificial additives. Acana is an award-winning company, due to their sustainable practices and their special attention to quality and freshness, and is the perfect choice for your dog.
Acana Adult Small Breed at a glance:
- Premium dry food for adult small-breed dogs, aged 1 year and over
- Natural recipe, to promote your small-breed dog’s optimal physical condition
- Top quality ingredients: all ingredients are suitable for human consumption and they are delivered fresh from regional Canadian farms or sustainable fisheries every day
- WholePrey™ principle: mirrors the natural diet of dogs, which met their nutritional needs by consuming prey animals
- 60% meat and fish content: a very high content of essential animal protein, including a third from fresh meat
- 40% fruit, vegetables and botanicals: for an optimal content of vitamins and nutrients to help regulate digestion
- Rich in animal protein: with free-range chicken and whole nest-lain eggs from Canadian farms, as well as wild-caught flounder from sustainable fisheries
- Low in carbohydrates (25%): enriched with lentils and peas that have a low glycaemic index to help to prevent obesity and diabetes, and free from potatoes, tapioca and grains
- Free from gluten and wheat
- Botanicals and plants: valuable plant extracts from grasses and botanicals that grow in British Columbia can help to promote the metabolism
- Free from artificial additives: the high-quality ingredients in Acana provide all the essential nutrients your dog needs in a natural way, so enrichment with additives is unnecessary
- With zinc: a supplementary nutrient that works in combination with the unsaturated fatty acids found in flounder to promote healthy skin and a glossy coat
- Award-winning production process: Acana dog food is produced exclusively in their own kitchens – there is no outsourcing and they use high-tech processes to preserve the natural nutrients in the fresh ingredients
- Unique, delicious taste: fresh liver is freeze-dried to ensure optimal acceptance
- Business philosophy based on sustainability: cooperation with local Canadian farmers and fishermen who work in harmony with nature ensures safe, reliable quality and freshness
Fresh boneless chicken (12%), dried chicken (12%), dried turkey (12%), red lentils, whole green peas, field beans, chicken fat (5%), fresh chicken giblets (liver, heart, kidney) (4%), dried Atlantic herring (4%), fresh whole eggs (4%), fresh whole flounder (4%), herring oil (2%), sun-ripened alfalfa (2%), green lentils (2%), whole yellow peas, pea fibre, fresh chicken cartilage (1%), dried brown kelp, fresh squash, fresh butternut squash, fresh parsnips, fresh cabbage, fresh spinach, fresh mustard greens, fresh turnip greens, fresh carrots, fresh red delicious apples, fresh Bartlett pears, freeze-dried chicken liver, freeze-dried turkey liver, fresh whole cranberries, fresh whole blueberries, chicory root, turmeric, milk thistle, burdock root, lavender, marshmallow root, rose hip.
Additives per kg:
E6 [zinc] (100 mg/kg), Enterococcus faecium NCIMB10415 (600x10^6 CFU).
|omega-3 fats||1.0 %|
|omega-6 fats||2.6 %|
|calories that can be burned||
Acana Adult Small Breed is a complete dry food for adult dogs.
|Dog's weight||Active||Not so active|