Scalibor Collar is for the control of infestations of ticks, control of blood sucking caused by sand flies and for an anti-feeding effect on adult mosquitoes.
The collar protects your dog from ticks and mosquitoes for 5 months.
1, Name of the veterinary medicinal product:
- Scalibor Protectorband 4% AUV 48 cm Medium Collar
- Scalibor Protectorband 4% AUV 65 cm Medium Collar
2, Identification of the active substance and excipients:
- 48 cm collar: 0.760 g deltamethrin
- 65 cm collar: 1.00 g deltamethrin
- 48 cm collar: 0.285 g titanium dioxide (E171)
- 65 cm collar: 0.375 g titanium dioxide (E171)
For killing ticks, song mosquito subspecies and butterfly mosquitoes. Dogs are protected for 5 to 6 months against ticks (Ixodes ricinus, Rhipicephalus sanguineus), subspecies of the mosquito mosquito (Culex pipens pipens), e.g. domestic mosquito (Culex pipens molestus) and sucking butterfly (Phlebotomus perniciosus).
- Do not use in puppies under seven weeks of age.
- Do not use if the dog has visible skin lesions.
- Do not use in case of hypersensitivity to the active substances or to any of the excipients.
- Not for use in cats!
5, Side effects:
- Rarely localized skin lesions, local dermatitis, erythema, pruritus and hair loss may occur.
- Very rarely, nervous system symptoms such as tremor or somnolence have been reported. In such cases, the collar should be removed. These symptoms usually subside within 48 hours. Symptomatic treatment should be used as no specific antidote is known.
If you notice any serious effects or other effects not mentioned in this leaflet, please inform your veterinary surgeon.
6, Species of target animal:
7, Posology and method of administration, target species:
- Put one 48 cm collar on the neck of small and medium sized dogs. For external use only.
- Put one 65 cm long collar on the neck of large dogs. For external use only.
8, Suggestion for correct application:
Remove the collar from its sealed protective packaging. Align the collar with the animal's neck, tighten it, but not too tight. Two fingers fit between the collar and the neck. Slide the collar through the buckle and cut off any loose area longer than 5 cm.
9, Waiting time for food:
- Not applicable.
10, Special precautions for storage:
- Keep out of the reach of children.
- Store the collar in its original packaging below 25 ° C before use.
- Do not use after the expiry date stated on the packaging.
11, Special warning (s):
In some rare cases, ticks may be caught while wearing the collar. As a result, the transmission of infectious diseases transmitted by ticks and mosquito mosquitoes under unfavorable conditions cannot be completely excluded.
In the case of skin injuries, remove the collar until the symptoms have disappeared.
The collar is fully effective one week after application, so if the animals are moved to an infected site, the collar should be applied one week before.
Wash hands with soap and cold water after applying the collar.
Do not use this product if you are allergic to triphenyl phosphate.
Keep out of the reach of children, especially if they are under two years of age.
Do not allow children to touch, play with, or put a collar on their mouth.
Avoid prolonged contact with the collar, eg. sleeping with your favorite dog wearing a collar.
Keep the collar sealed in its original packaging until use.
Although occasional contact with water does not reduce the effectiveness of the collar, it should be removed before swimming and bathing, as the active ingredient is harmful to fish and other aquatic organisms. During the first five days of wearing the collar, the dogs should be prevented from swimming in the water.
Can be used during pregnancy and lactation.
It must not be used concomitantly with other organic phosphoric ester containing ectoparasites.
If the dog accidentally eats a collar, the following symptoms can be expected: incoherent movement, tremor, salivation, vomiting, back stiffness. These symptoms usually disappear within 48 hours. In the event of overdose, diazepam may be used for symptomatic treatment if necessary.
12, Instructions for handling and disposal of unused product or waste material, if appropriate:
Any unused product or waste material should be disposed of in accordance with local requirements. This preparation should not be allowed to enter natural waters as it may be dangerous to fish and other aquatic organisms.